Thursday 20 October 2011

Sec3 VSCE reflections

Dennis Leong(3G) (11)

1)     How has the service-learning experience changed my thinking, attitudes, and actions towards others, myself and the community?


     1) This experience taught me the importance of caring for the less fortunate and giving back to society. By visiting the Down Syndrome Association (DSA), I learnt that there are many poor people who struggle to make ends meet and that it is a duty of mine to care for them, to aid them as much as possible.
 
     2) What stands out as the best or worst thing that happened to you in your service learning experience? What did you learn from these experiences?
The best thing that happened was when my friends and I bonded together by packing books systematically for them. Although there were hundreds of book to organize in a short duration of time, our teamwork overcame the odds and we accomplished packing all the books on time neatly. Although it seemed like a simple task, my classmates and I have truly bonded through this activity and are better friends now. We learnt the importance of teamwork and cooperation to achieve greater heights.
 
      3)Do you see yourself staying involved in the community during your college and adult years? Why or why not?
I intend to stay involved in the community during my college and adult years. Helping out in the community is everyone's job. It merely takes a few hours per week to help out but the results of hard work will be paid off. Thus, helping out in the community can be done in my free time after I grow older.

No comments:

Post a Comment